Monday, November 28, 2005

Poetry

My mother is currently stranded in the middle of a blizzard in the midwest. Well...not really stranded... she's in a hotel waiting out the storm. All the businesses around her are closed and the interstate is shut down. But alas, the Internet is still alive and well on the great plains. As a result, we've been receiving regular updates. She's almost finished her book, and has nearly run out of yarn for her knitting project. I think she's getting bored. I decided to write some poetry to cheer her up:

Attempt #1:

I rode my motorcycle to work today.
I'm wearing a short-sleeved shirt.
Last night, I watered the lawn.
Keep the tundra...I'm fine.

Maybe this would be better expressed in Haiku:


Haiku Attempt #1:

Rode the bike today
The weather here is so nice
You can have the cold.


Haiku Attempt #2:

The wind in my face
as I cruise along the road
is better than snow


Haiku Attempt #3:

Mom sees the cold road
I see warm sun and green grass
She runs out of yarn.


ah well... better not quit my day job...

No comments: