Sunday, June 11, 2006

Scrabble - Round II

Anna asked me to play Scrabble with her the other day. We hadn't had a match in quite some time, so I agreed. She asked me why I never seem to want to play Scrabble with her. Ever since she started playing Scrabble on the Internet Scrabble Club (ISC), she's gotten really, really good. Her ranking on ISC is about 850.

So we played. I scored a respectable 253 points. Not my best showing, but OK. Anna plunked down four seven letter words to propel herself to a new personal record of 579 points. She had a single word that netted 185 points. Yikes! This woman knows how to strike fear into the heart of her opponents.





I wept. And she wonders why I never want to play this game with her? The sort of game that can make a grown man cry...

2 comments:

Bro Trevor said...

XIS??

Come on man...how bout some REAL words...

JoeBoy said...

Here's the definition from the Scrabble Dictionary:

xi xis \ n pl. -S a Greek letter

Did you notice that she played this on a triple letter space and used it on two words. That makes the X itself worth 48 points, for a total play of 50 points using only 2 letters. Then, she pluralized it and used it for another 8 points, for a 24 point play. I'm telling you, this woman is crazy good at this game.