Saturday, December 17, 2005

Rain

I came to the realization the other day that I've been in Texas for two months and it's only rained once.... the first week we were here. It's normally pretty dry down here, but going 8 weeks without anything is atypical. I've kind of gotten out of the habit of checking the forecast before riding my motorcycle to work because, hey, it never rains down here.

As I prepared for work yesterday, I realized that I was running about 20 minutes early. Great! My bike was pretty dirty and needed to be cleaned. I've been cleaning it by hand with a bucket of water, which takes like an hour. I decided to stop by one of the local car washes on the way to work and clean off my bike. So, I got there, deposited my $1.00 in quarters, and used their pressure hose to clean off all the dust and gunk from inside the wheel wells and all that. Looked real good and only took about 10 minutes. Hi ho, off to work I go.

I got to work, did my thing for about 4 hours and decided to head home for some lunch. I walked up to the front door and realized that it was raining, but only lightly. I decided I was too hungry to go without lunch, and rain really isn't a big deal for a tough little guy from Minnesota (see previous post). By the time I got home, my jeans were soaked and pasted against the front of my legs. I changed my pants, ate lunch, and then took Anna's car back to work. I left my now muddy, water spotted, not so clean motorcycle in the garage.

Todo list for weekend:

Clean motorcycle.

No comments: